I decided to post this for all of the skeptics out there who think that all of these new imitation Strobist style light modifiers will put Honl Photo Tools out of business. I can’t disagree more. So here we go. My top five reasons Honl Photo Tools are here to stay and will continue to be strong
- Innovation: Amazing designs and final products
- Simplicity: David Honl has kept the products as simple as DIY product, but more durable.
- The first of its kind: Yes, there are imitations out there, but these were the first non DIY tools specifically for small strobes. I will not compare Honl Photo Tools to Lumiquest because they are a different type of modifier.
- Was unique: As I said, there are many imitations out there, but these were the first. (Lumiquest did have the softbox first, I know)
- Nice people and great customer service: If you have a problem it will get resolved!
[I think we need a bigger boat] So go ahead, buy your eBay knockoffs and your Flashbenders, (yes I know they are a bit different) but just know that Honl Photo Tools aren’t going anywhere. They will continue to be a strong product on the market. The industry is big enough for more than one company making similar products.
Thanks for ready and happy shooting,