My name is Scott Wyden Kivowitz. I am a father, blogger, a photographer and an educator from New Jersey in the United States of America. I have written many books on photographic topics like long exposure, panoramic, and street photography. I am also the Chief Community Officer at Imagely, a company creating WordPress themes, plugins and hosting for photographers.
I’m a storyteller with a camera, offering family portraits, cake smash photography and headshot photography in the Freehold, New Jersey area.
I believe in sharing knowledge any way possible and educating without fluff, in a straight to the point easy to understand style. As a Freehold, New Jersey photographer and educator, I offer private and group workshops in the NJ/NY/PA area, and am an Artisan In Residence at The Photo Frontier.
Whether you are here considering my landscape, business or portrait services, or if you are here to read the blog, download an ebook or Lightroom preset, I want to thank you for stopping by and welcome to Scott Wyden Imagery.
I could go on and on with a “professional”, so instead, I will do something very different.
13 Things About This Photographer
- I’m the father of a beautiful girl named Layla
- I have a huge collection of vintage cameras (way too many).
- People say my face lights up with excitement and care for the job.
- I am color blind and dyslexic, but find ways to work around it.
- I was in many bands and toured through from NJ to the midwest with one of the bands.
- I originally went to Berklee College of Music for college.
- I have a few tattoos on my legs and arms.
- My favorite animal is the Komodo Dragon and I have only seen them in person at zoos.
- Autumn is my favorite season. Winter is my least favorite.
- People feel comfortable around me like we have been friends forever.
- I try to provide the best advice possible whenever I can.
- I use the name Wyden to honor my biological father who was a hobbyist photographer.
- My eBooks have been published by Flatbooks and Peachpit Press.
It’s often said the proof is in the pudding. In photography, the photographs can really tell a person if the photographer is the right choice or not. However, it is always nice to hear and share feedback from clients and colleagues. Read the testimonials.
Gotta tell ya @scottwyden is one heckuva guy to follow. A real pleasure to connect with him again today when he helped me solve a problem.
— Seshu (@PicSeshu) January 16, 2014
How I Can Help
All of my life successes, failures and experiences go into every project.
Every photo session is different and unique to the customer.
So I handle it as necessary, providing professionalism combined with creativity to produce a result that every customer is happy with and excited for. Whether it is a portrait or a business, quality is essential. Every customer receives an online gallery to browse and depending on the package, a thumb drive with the final photographs and the highest quality prints.
I am always accessible by email, Skype, Google Plus Hangouts and phone. Payments are made by cash, check, Square or PayPal.
My family is in the middle of our adoption journey, for a second child. Proceeds from every sale and photography session go towards our adoption journey. Once our adoption is complete, I will be continuing the effort by donating to adoption fundraisers and grants as a way of “paying it forward”.