A Better Webinar A Bigger Smile
Yesterday I shared my article, A Webinar Mistake You Shouldn’t Make because it was a very frustrating ordeal. I hope that future webinar hosts read it and learn from it. I decided to take the experience and share a flip-side. Here are some tips to make your webinar a success. Now, I have never personally hosted a webinar. The tips you will read below are advice from someone who attends many webinars. I attend at least two webinars each week.
- Keep information requirements simple
- Company (if you really need it)
- Ask for attendee feedback during the event
- Get to know the software you’re using
- Don’t use speaker phone!
- Make your slides nice. Don’t fall under Death By PowerPoint.
- Have your needed applications open before the webinar
- Deliver what you said you would
- Keep it straight and to the point. Don’t keep it going for too long.
- Stick to the topic
- Don’t try to sell. Just inform and educate
- Allow questions after the event
Did I miss anything? If you’re a person who often hosts webinars, do you have any tips to share? As a webinar attendee, do you have any tips to share for your hosts? Please comment below with your tips and thoughts.
Thanks for reading,