B&W Effects is Topaz Lab’s newest Photoshop plugin which is a black and white converter and image enhancer. BW Effects gives you a variety of tools that make it easy to create stunning black and white compositions. More than your traditional black and white conversion tool, Topaz Labs B&W Effects features a simplified, yet intuitive, selective brush as well as creative effects and finishing effects for high-impact black and whites. Like all the other Topaz Labs plugins, it will work with Lightroom and Aperture as well.
Inside Topaz Labs BW Effects
- Selective Brush. For easy dodging, burning and color adjustments.
- True Grain Filter & Grain Creation. Choose from your favorite films or create your own grain.
- Adaptive Exposure. The power of Topaz Adjust is infused with B&W Effects to help create dynamic detail and exposure.
- Quad Tone. Allows for 4 different tones to be selected and applied to different tonal regions within an image.
- Creative Effects. Includes popular Topaz effects to creatively enhance images.
- Finishing Touches. Includes effects to give your image the perfect final touch.
- Creative Effect Integration. Features popular characteristics seen in Adjust, Simplify and Lens Effects.
- Curve tool. Includes a curve tool for powerful and flexible adjustments to image tones, contrast and brightness.
I thought it would be fun to do a quick video walkthrough of the new plugin so you can see the simplicity. I hope it helps for you to make a decision to purchase or not.
Topaz Labs BW Effects in 4 Minutes
Topaz Labs BW Effects vs Nik Silver Efex Pro
I can make this real easy for you. If you want simple, then go for Topaz Labs BW Effects. However, if you want the the most extreme control over your Black & White conversion, then I recommend Silver Efex Pro. Either way you can’t go wrong.
Topaz Labs BW Effects Discount Code
- Save 15% off Topaz Labs B&W Effects by using the discount code “scottwyden”.
- Save 15% off Nik Software Silver Efex Pro product using the discount code “scottwyden”
Thanks for reading and happy shooting,