In my opnion the perfect camera strap would be a mix of the following, with the key features being a must.
- Think Tank Photo Non Slip Camera Strap
- BlackRapid R-Strap RS-4
- UpStrap Pro
- National Geographic NG 3030 Camera Strap
- Comfortable (like the UpStrap)
- Professional Look (solid black is fine)
- Will not leave the ‘I’ve had my camera around my neck for way too long’ redness and pain
- Storage for extra battery and memory cards (like the R-Strap and Nat Geo)
- Ability to easily reach the camera from the side (Like the R-Strap)
- Ability to clip on to a camera backpack while hiking, etc.. (Like the Think Tank & Nat Geo)
- Won’t slip off the shoulder..ever (like the UpStrap)
Someone please design this…and give me a free camera strap. I won’t even take credit for it.
I decided to ask the Twitter community what their thoughts on the subject were.
- Arron Smith – Op/Tech Pro Camera Strap
- Jules Bianchi – Camera Slingers
- David duChemin – BlackRapid
- Robert Weiher – BlackRapid
- Peter Witham – Lowepro
“Easy on, easy off strap. I love the OpTech straps with the snaps on it. Replaceable foam rubber shoulder part. Customizable.”
I also posted a poll on Twitter via Polldady‘s Twitter Poll application asking what peoples thoughts where. These are the results to the question “What is your idea of a good camera strap?” as of April 22, 2009:
- Comfort (23 Votes)
- Color (5 votes)
- Padded (10 votes)
- Non Slip (16 votes)
- Media / Battery holder (5 votes)
- Quick Sling (10 votes)
- Other (was also an option although no one left a comment, or PollDaddy just isn’t displaying them..who knows – 13 Votes)
If you haven’t commented with your thoughts on Twitter, please share them here as I’d love to hear what you consider to be the perfect camera strap.
Thanks for reading