Today’s video is something very different than what I usually share. It’s a conversation with Mike Doyle, a creative guy now based out of North Carolina. Mike grew up in New Jersey and was in one of the popular punk bands in the New Jersey music scene from the 90’s, called Lanemeyer. After Lanemeyer split up, Mike moved to California and was in two other bands, including Arcade Academy. Now Mike lives in North Carolina, runs an animation company called Drive 80, and hosts a nostalgic podcast, called This Was The Scene.
In the podcast, Mike talks to notable members of the New Jersey music scenes during the 90’s and early 2000’s, like Heath from Midtown, Mike from One Cool Guy and many more.
I recently visited my parents in North Carolina, so Mike and I sat down and talked shop for over an hour. In the video, you’ll learn about my time in the music scene, why and how Mike does the podcast, and so much more.
These are the questions that I prepared to ask Mike:
- Tell me about your time in the NJ music scene
- Tell me about yourself now and Drive 80
- What is your favorite memory during Lanemeyer
- What is your favorite Nj scene memory?
- Where did you get the idea for This Was The Scene
- Do you think you are doing the podcast partially in a selfish way for nostalgia or is it 100% for scene? (I hope both)
- Who are you most looking forward to talking with on the podcast?
- Who do you really want to talk with but haven’t been able to get in touch with?
- Let’s get a little technical about the podcast. How are you recording it?
- What is your mic setup like on your end?
- What music from the scene era has the podcast have you listening to lately?
- What current music are you listening to?