The LumoPro LP180 is a revolutionary flash. You might be wondering why I would call a flash revolutionary. Well, check out the video to see why.
- Power Source: Four 1.5V AA size batteries (Alkaline or rechargeable NiMH). Do not use Nickel Zinc “NiZn” batteries as they can cause damage to the LP180. Recycling Time: 4 seconds at full power with fresh NiMH batteries and 1 second at full power with high voltage battery input
- Bounce Angle: -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Built-in Slave Function: S0 (off), S1 (standard optical slave), and S2-1 through S2-10 (preflash synchronization optical slave)
- Swivel Angle: 360° Total: Right: 0°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°: Left: 0°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
- Sleep Mode/Auto Power-off: Sleep mode engages after 20 minutes (if enabled). Auto power-off engages 3 hours after sleep mode.
- Flash Ready Indicator: Front and rear ready LED light, optional flash ready tone
- Sync: 3.5mm (1/8”) Miniphone port, PC port, standard ISO hot shoe, built-in optical slave
- Hot shoe: Standard ISO size, center pin contact, mounting foot lock foot with drop down locking pin
- Accessories: Soft case, flash stand, 3.5mm miniphone to 3.5mm (1/8”) miniphone sync cord
- Flash Body Dimensions: 8.125” (L) x 2.5” (W) x 2” (D)
- Flash Head Dimensions: 2.875” (W) x 1.75” (H)
- Weight (without batteries): 15oz (0.9lbs) (425 grams) (0.0004 metric tons)
Also, unlike other flashes on the market, there are only 13 pages to the LP180’s manual, and the last 2 pages are for notes and lighting diagrams. That is how simple this electronic flash is compared to others out there.
Here are the products photographs of the LumoPro LP180, courtesy of LumoPro.
The LumoPro LP180 is available through a select few dealers around the world. (also another great part of LumoPro products – keeping it simple) If you are in the United States then you can pick up a LumoPro flash from MPEX. If you are anywhere else in the world, please visit the LumoPro dealer page to find one near you.