gps4cam Pro from Michael Diguet is a fantastic tool for geotagging your photographs. The beauty of this app, is that for a low price of $3.99 you can geotag photographs from any camera.
Here is what you do:
- Launch gps4cam
- Sync Dropbox for a better experience & backup
- Select your accuracy choice
- Start an event
- Shoot to your hearts desire
- When complete, stop the event and photograph the on-screen QR code as a JPG (not RAW!)
- Import your photographs to your computer (not to a photo software like Lightroom or Aperture)
- Run the photos through gps4cam on your computer
- When complete, import the RAW files to your photo editing software of choice
- Enjoy your geotagged photographs
For detailed instructions, visit the official gps4cam website
Update: July 15, 2013 – The gps4cam team has verified the difference between the regular and pro app. The pro version lets you link to Dropbox and have only 1 generated QR Code no matter how long was your trip while in gps4cam might 2, 10 or 20 QR codes depending on how long your trip is. To read more on the differences, visit the gps4cam pro additional characteristics section on their website.
Thanks for reading and happy shooting,