I was reading The 2-second rule from Patrick Woods and I thought it would be good to share something related.
If you are reading this and offer a service, like photography, to a specific geographic area and market then spend a little time reviewing your website content.
- If I can’t determine what you photograph within 2 seconds… then you failed
- If I can’t see where you are located within 2 seconds… then you failed
- If I visit your website and within 2 seconds see no photographs… then you failed
- If you write an article that makes me want to close the browser window within 2 seconds… then you failed
- If you send me an email that doesn’t explain its purpose within 2 seconds… then you failed
- If you write a blog article that doesn’t explain its purpose within 2 seconds… then you failed
The list can keep going.
I highly recommend reading Patrick’s article, and then take a look at your website.
What can I do better for those 2 very important seconds?
Then make a plan and put it into action.
Don’t forget AIDA
Thanks for reading,