I am at the point where I am tired of reading marketing books that try to add empty content of why a photographer should use Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
So one of my goals, when I share important information for readers, is to get to the nitty gritty right away. No fluff.
So with that said, this article is going to be very straight forward.
Below is a list of 11 websites that you should consider utilizing as a photographer in your local marketing strategy. Use which you think if best for you.
- Google Places (Very Important)
- Bing Business Portal (Very Important)
- Service Magic
- The Knot (Wedding Photographers)
- SnapKnot (Wedding Photographers)
- FourSquare (If you have a studio for clients to check-in)
- Facebook (Social)
- LinkedIn (Social and validation)
Which that you are using depends on your goal and budget. Some of these are free, some have monthly/annual fees and some take a commission on sales.
Leave a comment with other sites that you recommend for local marketing.
Thanks for reading and happy shooting,
note: As of May, 2012 Yahoo has their own Small Business marketing portal.