So you’re looking for a cake smash photographer in New Jersey. I know how important capturing your child’s cake filled moment is in your lives. This is a story that will be shared in your family for generations to come. Traditionally Cake Smash photographs are made when your child is just turning one, or has just turned one. I have had the honor of photographing countless cake smashes for babies just like yours, including my own!
As a member of Professional Photographers of America and Nikon Professional Services, I am dedicated to providing the smoothest, simplest and proposal photography experience around. And with plans that don’t break the bank, any family can afford the capture their child’s special moment with beautiful photographs.
Cake Smash Photography Packages
How Cake Smash Photography Works
- On the big day, I will arrive at the location 30/45 minutes ahead of time to set pick a location in your house.
- If you pick a Lifestyle package, then a big enough space will be required for moving around, and potential cake throwing by your child. When photographing Lifestyle cake smashes I look for the best natural light, which is ideal for photographing your child’s skin.
- If you pick a package with a White Background, then I will be setting that up, with additional artificial lighting.
- During the session you are encouraged to sing, dance and make silly noises and faces at your child. But do that from behind me and not off to the side. That way your child is always looking towards the camera.
- Not all cake smashes result in children looking directly at the camera, and that’s ok. They’re still so much fun and lovable even when looking in the general direction.
- It’s ok if additional family wants to witness the big event. However, I request that they keep out of the way and not distract your child. Otherwise it will be extremely difficult to have a moment where he or she is looking in my direction.
Need something different? Want group pricing? Get in touch and let’s talk it through.
“Scott is a real professional with such great ideas and focus!”
– Ann Ross
“Scott is a sick photographer!”
— by Ricardo Saporta
“Scott’s work often allows you insight into the event or object that you would otherwise not see. Scott is a pleasure to work with as he is patient, punctual and is a great communicator, verbally as well as visually. I would highly recommend Scott for your photographic needs.”
— by Sandra Berger