So you’re looking for a cake smash photographer in New Jersey. I know how important capturing your child’s cake filled moment is in your lives. This is a story that will be shared in your family for generations to come. Traditionally Cake Smash photographs are made when your child is just turning one or has just turned one. I have had the honor of photographing countless cake smashes for babies just like yours, including my own!
As a member of Professional Photographers of America and Nikon Professional Services, I am dedicated to providing the smoothest, simplest cake smash photography experience around. And with plans that don’t break the bank, any family can afford the capture their child’s special moment with beautiful photographs.
Cake Smash Photography Pricing
Starting at $350
- Up to 30 minutes of cake smash photography
- Environmental or studio style
- Facebook ready images for sharing
- 8×10 wall-ready print included
- Additional print selection available
- Video slideshow of the photos
*Travel within Monmouth County included
**USB Flash Drives are available for an additional $20 upon request.
*** Prep time and break down time not include in session time
An online gallery of photos ready for sharing with your friends and family on Facebook.
Prints on-demand. Order what you want in the sizes & formats you want it.
Each of our prints are hand crafted by the most professional lab and preferred in the United States.
I know you have decided to work with me because you care about quality and that’s I we recommend you ordering prints with me. I won’t deliver prints that I wouldn’t want hanging on my own wall.
How cake smash portraits work
- On the big day, I will arrive at the location 30/45 minutes ahead of time to pick a location in your house.
- If you pick a Lifestyle package, then a big enough space will be required for moving around, and potential cake throwing by your child. When photographing Lifestyle cake smashes I look for the best natural light, which is ideal for photographing your child’s skin.
- If you pick a package with a White Background, then I will be setting that up, with additional artificial lighting.
- During the session you are encouraged to sing, dance and make silly noises and faces at your child. But do that from behind me and not off to the side. That way your child is always looking towards the camera.
- Not all cake smashes result in children looking directly at the camera, and that’s ok. They’re still so much fun and lovable even when looking in the general direction.
- It’s ok if additional family wants to witness the big event. However, I request that they keep out of the way and not distract your child. Otherwise it will be extremely difficult to have a moment where he or she is looking in my direction.
Need something different? Get in touch and let’s talk it through.
Start a Conversation
All About Cake Smash Photography
- How my wall art design consultations workWith many of my portrait packages, I offer complimentary wall art design consultation. So I thought I would take a moment and illustrate how it works.
- Picking A Theme For A Cake Smash Photo SessionWhen your baby turns one, it’s common to do a cake smash photography session, documenting the first experience with cake. […]
- How much are cake smash sessions?If you’re wondering how much cake smash sessions are for your children, then you’re in the right place. As a […]
- What are cake smash photos?As trends come and go, some always remain. However, sometimes the name might change. You might have noticed the term […]
- Paityn’s Golden Chocolate Cake SmashPaityn loves chocolate cake, as you can see. For her cake smash, we set up in front of a gold […]
- Layla’s Cake SmashMy daughter, Layla, turned one last month. So Melissa and I set up a scene, with lighting, like I would […]