I am a little behind in sharing this great new product with everyone, but onOne Software has new software coming out for Adobe Lightroom. It’s called Perfect Layers. Basically, it adds Photoshop style Layers functionality to Lightroom by way of the plugin.
Perfect Layers 1.0 is free to owners of the Perfect Photo Suite 5.5 (aka Plug-In Suite 5.5). Perfect Layers will appear as a software update when it becomes available in a couple of weeks.
The price of onOne Software’s Perfect Layers will be $129.95. However, during the pre-order period for Perfect Layers 1.0, onOne Software is discounting the price an extra $30 to just $99.95.
onOne Software Perfect Layers
- Inspired by and designed in conjunction with Scott Kelby.
- Combine multiple images from Lightroom, Aperture, or any application, into a single, layered file
- Adjust size, position & blending mode
- Use layer masks and masking tools to blend multiple layers together
- Add Color Fill Layers for photographic effects
- Free for owners of Perfect Photo Suite 5.5
Layers in Aperture, Lightroom and more
Perfect Layers is the fast and easy way to create layered files with Photoshop Lightroom or Apple Aperture. With Perfect Layers you can create and edit multi-layered Photoshop files directly from Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture, or use it to combine images from almost any workflow application. Use it to change skies, composite multiple images together and retouch portraits using the built-in blend modes. We’re extremely excited to provide you with powerful layered functionality that seamlessly integrates into your photography workflow.
Features of onOne Software Perfect Layers
- Combine multiple images into a layered Photoshop-compatible file
- Adjust layer size, position, blending mode and opacity
- Use the built-in layer masks and masking tools to blend multiple layers together
- Layered files are easily opened in Photoshop if needed
- Super fast launch and file-opening speed
onOne Software has put together some fantastic videos, available for viewing on their website.
I recommend picking it up as it might keep you out of Photoshop even more! If you’re reading this after the pre-order period ends, make sure you enter the coupon code scottwyden to save 15% off the purchase!