As a professional or hobbyist photographer, there is no excuse for boredom.
There are a few things you can be doing on a regular basis:
- Go out shooting
- Process or re-process your photographs
- Watch videos and take classes on photography
- Meet with other photographers and talk about your passion
I could keep going, but I won’t. I think you understand where I am going with this.
Inspiration is around every corner so go for a walk – tweet this
There are two things that I think can work very well for when you are bored and looking for something to do.
- Try a 3 mile photowalk out for size. Grab your camera and go shoot.
- Go to the zoo. Every state in the United States has a zoo. Some have more than a handful.
The photograph above was taken at a zoo a few years ago. I was bored one day, so I opened my archives and re-processed the photo in onOne Software Perfect B&W. The software is pretty new to the market so it’s always fun to experiment in it.
I urge you to stop the boredom and get busy doing.
Thanks for reading and happy shooting,
Zack Arias released this amazing and inspiring video how many photographers feel. Zack has an way of saying what’s on our minds, in a clear and efficient way. The video was part of a guest blog that Zack wrote for Scott Kelby. Here is the video: