SEO for Photographers? Well, SEO isn’t simple. If someone tells you it is, they’re lying. SEO takes time, energy, research, testing and learning.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via organic/algorithmic search results.
There are many components to boosting SEO, and thus boosting PageRank.
- On-Site Optimization
- Backlinks & Link Building
- Image ALT Attribute
- Page/Post Titles
- Page/Post URL Slug
- Page/Post Word Count
- Meta Title, Description & Keyword (Google no longer looks at keywords, but Bing does)
- Site Speed
- Advertisements (Too much is bad)
- Social Media Activity
- Local SEO
- Meta Geo-location
- Open Graph
- Site Traffic
- Domain Registration Age & Expiration
SEO for Photographers
I have written about SEO for Photographer many times in the past. If you would like to learn more, please give these articles a good read.
- Photographers SEO and Social Marketing – Part 1
- Photographers SEO and Social Marketing – Part 2
- Photographers SEO and Social Marketing – Part 3
- Photographer Blog Titles Matter
- Blog post tags vs keywords and tools to help
- The killer way to improve your website’s SEO
- Photographer Website Tips
- Two ways to SEO a Photographer’s website
- Photographers SEO Community
When you’re finished reading the articles, please share them with your friends.
Please also share this article with your friends.
Thanks for reading and happy shooting,
You might also be interested in:
Comment Policy: Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your real name and limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. Critiques and conversations are encouraged, however negativity will not be tolerated.