At the time I’m writing this, I am packing for my wedding in Mexico. I thought it would be suitable for me to share some packing tips for photographers about to travel.
- Think about it: Think about where you’re going, what you will be doing and what you might need. No need to overpack with gear that you will not use on the trip
- Remember the essentials: Batteries, cleaning cloth, memory cards, etc.
- One bag to rule them all: Choose the right bag. Too small and you’re gear might be too tight or not fit. Too big and it can be cumbersome. Choose wisely.
- Offloading: Extra memory cards are great, but if you’re going on a long trip, a memory backup drive (built-in card reader) can be useful. An iPad can always be a great tool for photo backups.
- Juice: Be sure to bring a battery charger. You never know if you’re going to shoot enough to kill all those extra batteries you packed.
Have your own tip for travel photography? Comment below to share.
Thanks for reading, safe travels, light packing and happy shooting,
Comment Policy: Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your real name and limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. Critiques and conversations are encouraged, however negativity will not be tolerated.